Friday Night Lights

Diskutera serier och filmer som inte är buffyrelaterade här.

Inläggav HeY » tis mar 10, 2009 20:56

Ojojojojoj! Okej, jag vågar inte ta fram champagnen ännu men ändå! :extas:

It's not quite a touchdown yet, but at least they're near the end zone.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that NBC is engaged in active talks with DirecTV to extend their unique shared-window experiment with Friday Night Lights. But there's a catch -- and it's a good one. According to an insider close to the negotiations, DTV and NBC might only seal the deal if they can get – holy Connie Britton Taylor! -- a two-season pickup.

Though a spokesperson for NBC Universal declined to comment, a Peacock insider acknowledges that the studio is "actively looking at ways to keep FNL going." Another NBC source adds, "We're very optimistic a deal will be worked out."

The one possible complication? The show's behind-the-scenes quarterback, Jason Katims, is attached to NBC's buzzy Parenthood pilot. If it's picked up, he would either do double duty or be forced to make a choice. Similarly, the show's go-to director, Jeffrey Reiner, is helming NBC's Trauma pilot. FNL might be able to carry on without one of its MVPs, but both? Hmm…

But maybe it's too soon to be wringing our hands over changes to the lineup. Once we have a pickup under our belt, then we can worry about such things. And while we wait for the official word, let's show NBC and DirecTV what a wise decision they would be making by keeping FNL alive by sounding off below.

"I like your thinking!"
Tegan Quin to me 21/11 -09

"True love is when you don't care where somebody's fingers have been." - Ingrid Michaelson
"I don't trust a man with curly hair. I can't help picturing small birds laying sulphurous eggs in there, and I find it disgusting." - Sue Sylvester, Glee

Last.fm | Twitter | Tumblr
Användarvisningsbild
HeY
typ 12

Inläggav Tob » tis mar 10, 2009 23:13

:chock:

:extas:
World gonna end... where else would I want to be?
- Xander, Grave 6.22
Användarvisningsbild
Tob
Watcher

Inläggav HeY » tis mar 10, 2009 23:54

Mer om det från Kristin Dos Santos (watchwithkristin):

Yes, it's true, Friday Night Lights is up for renewal. An inside source at DirecTV whispers, "Nothing is set yet, but they are talking about at least two seasons of 13 episodes each. I can't see it not happening."

(DirecTV struck a deal with NBC last year to have first-run rights to the current season.)

And the official verdict is due soon. Kyle Chandler tells us that he and his fellow castmembers hope to hear, "Anytime. That's what we've been hearing for a month now, anytime...It's 50 percent solid that we're coming back. I think [the show] will be back. My wife and I would like to hear for firm."

As for his TV wife, the magical Connie Britton, she says, "I am feeling optimistic about it and really hopeful. As much as you feel like, 'OK, it's time to move on,' the reality is that to have the opportunity to create something new with [this show] every day is just the greatest gift. It would be great if we had another season."

Now, what would season four look like? Who would stay and who would go? The castmembers spill what they know...

The bad news is that not everyone will be returning for more. Just as Gaius Charles and Scott Porter grew up and graduated this year, other Dillon student-athletes will be moving on to bigger and better things.

Says Kyle of the rotation, "They told us that that was going to be the case when we started the show—that people weren't going to stay on the show for seven years and be freshmen. People who have gone off the show, they knew what was going on. It does give a chance for new people to come on and for the show to be far more organic in that way, although some of the folks who are leaving I really wish they weren't, obviously."

Connie agrees that while castmember departures may be necessary for the authenticity of the show, "That's going to be the hardest part. We are such a close-knit group. We all went to Austin together and have been doing this for three years, so that's going to be really hard. I do believe that as we say goodbye to characters, they'll deal with it in a really good way." Of course they will! It's Friday Night Lights!

One of the possible departures? Zach Gilford's Matt Saracen is supposed to be going off to college. But what will that mean for the ladies in his life, including grandma Lorraine and girlfriend Julie? According to onscreen love Aimee Teegarden, "Julie feels like it's her first love that's finally leaving her, but she feels like her relationship is very strong and they can make it through anything." Holler!

Want to know more about Coach's future at East Dillon and whether or not Tami will join him across town? Check back Monday for Friday Night Lights scoop in the chat!

Do you think Friday Night Lights deserves more time on the air? If you believe in the show, please post in the comments. FNL needs all the support it can get from us fans!

P.S. If you haven't seen it yet, you must take a look at this awesome New York Times video interview with Taylor Kitsch and Gaius Charles (and Josh Jackson and Eric Dane)!
Senast redigerad av HeY tis mar 10, 2009 23:59, redigerad totalt 1 gång.

"I like your thinking!"

"True love is when you don't care where somebody's fingers have been." - Ingrid Michaelson
"I don't trust a man with curly hair. I can't help picturing small birds laying sulphurous eggs in there, and I find it disgusting." - Sue Sylvester, Glee

Användarvisningsbild
HeY
typ 12

Inläggav adolvsson » tis mar 10, 2009 23:57

HeY skrev:Mer om det från Kristin Dos Santos (watchwithkristin):

Och, värt att nämna, åtminstone tre castingspoilers (eller 2½, kanske), för den som vill vara säker från sånt.
Well, I like to eat cheese. And I sometimes like to think of cheese…How it came to be. The magic thing is that there’s just, you know, a cow. And then there’s the grass and the sunlight, and then here comes the cheese…It’s kind of amazing. - David Lynch

Blogg | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn
Användarvisningsbild
adolvsson
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Inläggav HeY » tis mar 10, 2009 23:59

adolvsson skrev:
HeY skrev:Mer om det från Kristin Dos Santos (watchwithkristin):

Och, värt att nämna, åtminstone tre castingspoilers (eller 2½, kanske), för den som vill vara säker från sånt.

Jo jag markerade den delen nu, hade inte läst hela före jag lade upp den.

"I like your thinking!"

Användarvisningsbild
HeY
typ 12

Inläggav AKS » tor mar 26, 2009 19:47

Eftersom det nu pratats ett tag om det så tar jag upp ett skvaller: att det kommer fler avsnitt av FNL! Jag hoppas att det är sant, men inget är bekräftat än. Det är bara så envisa rykten att jag tänkte ta upp dem.

Fans of Friday Night Lights who have been freaking out about the possibility that the show wasn't going to come back for another season can relax: the show is actually coming back for two more seasons.

To be precise, they're two 13-episode seasons. But that's a lot better than what the news was looking like just a few weeks ago. Michael Ausiello reports that the news will be announced "any day now." It confirms news that he broke a couple of weeks ago.

Two cast members are leaving the show (Minka Kelly and Adrienne Palicki), but they will appear next season to wrap up their storylines. Other cast members and directors are working on new pilots and it's not known right now if they are gone for good or will be back. But you still have Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton!

The show will again be shown on DirecTV first, and then the episodes will be shown later on NBC.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2009/03/26/frida ... e-seasons/

Det låter ju smått otroligt, men jag hoppas i alla fall. Skulle vara mycket intresserad av att se vad Coach kan göra med sitt nya lag.
Last.fm | Avatar av: B-F

Well done. Here come the test results: "You are a horrible person." That's what it says: a horrible person. We weren't even testing for that.
-- Portal 2

A pit is not complete without a Freeman climbing out of it.
-- vortigaunt i Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Användarvisningsbild
AKS
Official Goddess

Inläggav HeY » tor mar 26, 2009 19:54

Mm, jo, det är samma som diskuteras längre upp.

"I like your thinking!"

Användarvisningsbild
HeY
typ 12

Inläggav AKS » tor mar 26, 2009 19:57

Ah, hade missat det totalt! Ja, ja... Det pratas i alla fall fortfarande så jag börjar tro att det kan hända.

Well done. Here come the test results: "You are a horrible person." That's what it says: a horrible person. We weren't even testing for that.
-- Portal 2

Användarvisningsbild
AKS
Official Goddess

Inläggav HeY » tor mar 26, 2009 22:58

Inga problem, att de fortfarande talar om det är ju positiva tecken :)
Jag tror att jag nästan vågar känna mig hoppfull, tyvärr kan man nog inte säga det samma om Terminator :|

"I like your thinking!"

Användarvisningsbild
HeY
typ 12

Inläggav HeY » tis mar 31, 2009 7:29

Panther fans have something to celebrate: Friday Night Lights has scored a two-season pickup, securing the series for 26 more episodes.

NBC and DirecTV agreed to green light a fourth and fifth season, following this season's model in which DirecTV airs the episodes first, commercial-free, before they arrive on NBC, Variety says.

An NBC rep could not immediately be reached for comment.

The fate of the low-rated, critically acclaimed football drama has been in question since last year, when NBC — the show's original home — began looking for a network partner for it. Friday Night just concluded its third season.

Are you ready for some football?

Source: TVGuide.com

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts Can't Lose!
:drool: :chock: :extas: :D :lovebunnier:

"I like your thinking!"

Användarvisningsbild
HeY
typ 12

Inläggav AKS » tis mar 31, 2009 7:33

I ett tv-klimat då tv-serier ryker för snabbt är detta underbart! Serien hade kunnat sluta iom S3, men själv är jag nyfiken på fortsättningen. Yay!

-- Portal 2

Användarvisningsbild
AKS
Official Goddess

Inläggav Tomas » tis mar 31, 2009 10:16

:D
What kind of person could sleep on a night like this?

Very few of us are...
Användarvisningsbild
Tomas
Big Bad

Inläggav fripp21 » tis mar 31, 2009 10:27

Underbara nyheter. Jag har skummat inläggen ovan och det verkar som att FNL har fått förlängning två säsonger till. Happy.

Kort fråga. Säsong 3 blev bara 13 avsnitt eller hur? Var det planerat så, eller blev serien avslutad abrupt som säsong 2?

Jag har "sparat" FNL till bättre dagar, och de är nu. Ska börja se S3 ikväll. Happy!

Edit: skrev fel antal för S3.
Mal... bad... in the latin.

Sex. Muscle. Humor. Thuggery. Jayne.

Joss Whedon about Jayne: "This is something I didn't ever tell Adam when we started but, he is based upon Cordelia pretty much"

"I want to hear about the natty thing."
Wash, Firefly 1x08 - Out of gas

Fripps Filmrevyer
Användarvisningsbild
fripp21
Scooby

Inläggav HeY » tis mar 31, 2009 10:31

fripp21: Säsong 3 är 13 avsnitt och det var planerat. Likaså ska säsong 4 och 5 innhålla 13 avsnitt vardera.

"I like your thinking!"

Användarvisningsbild
HeY
typ 12

Inläggav fripp21 » tis mar 31, 2009 10:36

HeY skrev:fripp21: Säsong 3 är 13 avsnitt och det var planerat. Likaså ska säsong 4 och 5 innhålla 13 avsnitt vardera.

Ok, skönt att höra. Tack HeY.

Det är synd att alla de bästa serierna har så korta säsonger!

Joss Whedon about Jayne: "This is something I didn't ever tell Adam when we started but, he is based upon Cordelia pretty much"

Fripps Filmrevyer
Användarvisningsbild
fripp21
Scooby

Inläggav CheeseGuy » tis mar 31, 2009 13:23

JAA! :lovebunny:

fripp21 skrev:Det är synd att alla de bästa serierna har så korta säsonger!

Jag tycker korta säsonger är bra. Det blir ofta så mycket tightare då, speciellt om det är tungt arcande. I och för sig har ju som sagt de flesta riktigt bra serierna korta säsonger, och man kan ju inte veta säkert hur de skulle vara med fler avsnitt. Men över 20 avsnitt som nästan alla icke-kabel har per säsong är vansinnigt egentligen, jag tror att precis alla serier hade vunnit på att dra ner det till 18 eller så åtminstone.
Användarvisningsbild
CheeseGuy
Zeppo

Inläggav caffeineaddict » tis mar 31, 2009 15:43

Håll klassen nu bara...

"Ma'am, cheese is on it's way. Here's an interim banana."
- VEEP

MP3 | CD | DVD/BD | BF:s favoritfilm 1940-1949: omröstning

Användarvisningsbild
caffeineaddict
Tyrolerhatten

Ort: Inte Norrköping längre, har jag fått påpekat för mig.

Inläggav Glorificus » tis mar 31, 2009 18:26

"Are you ready for some football?"

:D :lovebunnier: :extas: :monsterhug:

Aldrig trodde jag väl att de orden skulle göra mig så glad. Åh, vad underbart!
brat: "jag kopierade galet"
brat: "du kan sluta läsa det där"
Glory: "hihi"
brat: "nu"
- msn-klassiker 2012-08-25, kl. 02.12

"Excuse me." - Boreanaz till brat & Glory, Halloween -04
Användarvisningsbild
Glorificus
Watcher

Inläggav fripp21 » ons apr 01, 2009 0:45

Glorificus skrev:"Are you ready for some football?"

Hell yeah! Säsong tre... Yipee jag såg just 3.01 I knew you when

Åhh, vad bra den är. Min mun har sagt att FNL är sååå bra, men man glömmer ju, innerst inne. Men nu exploderade insikten i mitt medvetande igen, detta är ju helt jävla svinbra helt enkelt. Jag har rest tillbaka till västra Texas och åter börjat umgås med coach Taylor, Tami, Tyra, Tim och alla de andra. Bättre dagar.

En vis forummedlem pratade i Dollhouse-tråden om hur viktigt scoren är i en tv-serie. Jag håller helt med och den är fortfarande fantastisk i FNL. Från signaturmedlodin till musiken i sista scenen.

Jag blir ständigt överraskad av FNL, det är en av seriens största behållningar. Det är också fascinerande hur underspelade vissa viktiga scener är. Tag tex scenen i coach Taylors kontor när principal Taylor till fullo inser hur mycket mer resurser som läggs på fotbollen jämfört med det akademiska, dvs AC-scenen. En så viktig scen levereras med en enda liten blick av fantastiska Connie Britton. Makalöst bra. :lovebunny:

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Fripps Filmrevyer
Användarvisningsbild
fripp21
Scooby

Inläggav fripp21 » ons apr 01, 2009 0:54

AKS skrev:Fick precis ner piloten till Friday Night Lights. (Det tog sex minuter! Jag älskar min nya dator.) Jag ser den i morgon. Tror inte att det blir en serie att följa (high school + football) trots att jag tyckte att filmen (som enbart, jag skämtar inte, enbart handlade om football) var mycket bra. Men det ska bli intressant att se piloten ändå. Jag har hört mycket gott om den.

Tror inte att det blir en serie att följa (high school + fotball)... :rolleyes:

Det är roligt att gå tillbaka och läsa gamla inlägg ibland! :D Jag tror att det inte riktigt blev som du trodde, eller hur AKS?

Dessutom är filmen som en blek kopia jämfört med serien. Dong-ma?

Fripps Filmrevyer
Användarvisningsbild
fripp21
Scooby

Inläggav AKS » ons apr 01, 2009 7:14

Jag tycker inte att filmen är en blek kopia av serien. Särskilt inte som den kom först. OCh det är ett helt annat medium och ett annat syfte också. (iom att den bara handlade om football).

Annars så började jag följa serien, ja. men det tog ett tag. :)

-- Portal 2

Användarvisningsbild
AKS
Official Goddess

Inläggav AKS » fre apr 03, 2009 8:52

Från tvguidemagazine.com om vilka som kommer tillbaka:

Based on how the season ended, who can you say will definitely be back?
Katims: The Taylor family (Chandler, Teegarden and Connie Britton as Tami)…Jesse Plemons’ character, Landry, is a senior, so he’ll be back, and I want to make sure everybody comes back in some way, whether or not they’ll be there for every episode. We set a nice precedent with that last year in our story arcs with Gaius Charles (Smash) and Scott Porter (Jason). Even though they weren’t there for the whole season, they definitely left their mark on Season Three in a big way. If we feel we can’t service all the characters for the whole season, we’ll want to find meaty arcs for them to play.

http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/what-the ... s-474.html

Jag tycker att det där låter bra. (spoiler S3) Jag gillade att Smash och Jason inte bara försvann utan fick bra arcar båda två och då kändes det som att man kunde lämna dem utan problem. Och det känns bra att veta att de inte tycks planera att trycka in karaktärer hela säsongen igenom "bara för att". Jag tror S4 och S5 har potential att bli riktigt intressanta med tanke på hur S3 slutade!

-- Portal 2

Användarvisningsbild
AKS
Official Goddess

Inläggav caffeineaddict » lör apr 04, 2009 8:20

:angry: :angry: :angry: IDIOTER!

Fuck-upsen på NBC har av någon anledning bestämt sig för att versionerna av avsnitten på S3-DVD:erna ska vara de förkortade versionerna (42-43 min) från NBC-sändningarna istället för de längre från originalsändningarna (48-50 min). Sju-åtta minuter per avsnitt kommer alltså vara bortklippta. Varför?! Hur korkade kan de egentligen vara?

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Friday ... on-3/11616

"Ma'am, cheese is on it's way. Here's an interim banana."
- VEEP

MP3 | CD | DVD/BD | BF:s favoritfilm 1940-1949: omröstning

Användarvisningsbild
caffeineaddict
Tyrolerhatten

Ort: Inte Norrköping längre, har jag fått påpekat för mig.

Inläggav Glorificus » ons apr 22, 2009 18:51

Nån som har koll på hur långt femman har visat av FNL?
brat: "jag kopierade galet"
brat: "du kan sluta läsa det där"
Glory: "hihi"
brat: "nu"
- msn-klassiker 2012-08-25, kl. 02.12

"Excuse me." - Boreanaz till brat & Glory, Halloween -04
Användarvisningsbild
Glorificus
Watcher

Inläggav HeY » ons jul 01, 2009 17:11

Från Kristin om säsong 4 - intervju med Connie Britton.

There's trouble brewing in Dillon, Texas, and it's not just caused by the literal split of the town. There are other splits coming, including a few of our favorite TV couples, who have some rocky roads ahead.

We sat down with Friday Night Lights' Connie Britton prior to her Conversations session at the SAG Foundation, and she dished what's in store for the citizens of Dillon in season four, which kicks off production on Sept. 2.

When we left the Taylors at the end of season three, Coach (Kyle Chandler) was banished to the run-down West Dillon High School, while Tami remained principal of the Panthers. Could this split actually revive their marriage? "Wait, there's nothing wrong with the marriage," joked Connie. "Hello! The marriage doesn't need reviving. How dare you?"

Actually the impact of the separate schools may "add a new dimension" to their relationship, Connie said. "It's very hard to even grasp what it means—this whole new school that needs all this help that Coach is going to be going to, with redistricting and all that. I think it's going to be more [about] us trying to figure out what our new roles are in these places than it's going to be us at odds with each other. Maybe we'll find a way to come together and help each other with our competitive schools."

While the Taylors are adding a new spark to their marriage, little Julie (Aimee Teegarden) may be in for more trouble this season. "It'll be much more interesting if she's not a good girl, don't you think? At the end of the day, I'm her mom, [and] I want her to be awesome," Connie said. "Maybe she can have one more spell, and then I want her to pull it all together and get into a great school and live an awesome life."

So what does this mean for Matt Saracen (Zach Gilford) and Julie? Connie told us, "At the end of last season it wasn't like he was going to be gone." However, Zach won't be in many episodes this season, so it doesn't seem like they could last. "Exactly!" exclaimed Connie. "I don't know how that's going to sort itself out."

Speaking of doomed relationships, Taylor Kitsch recently told us he's coming back for season four, but Minka Kelly is only back for a few episodes, which Connie teased is not good news for Lyla and Riggins fans: "Riggins is going to have to move on. The reality of the situation is he's in Dillon; he's never going to leave Dillon probably, and she is. She has a whole future, and I think it would be really interesting to see what that does to him. Maybe she'll come back and do some episodes, and we'll see where she's gone off to and see the difference between the girl who gets out and the guy who doesn't. Those old high school relationships where you think [you're] going to be forever together and then you've got your whole life ahead of you and everything changes. "

Which FNL couple are you most worried about? Tell the truth, you're just excited we slipped in the picture of Taylor with his shirt off. OK, maybe it's just us, but hit the comments anyway with what you're most looking forward to when Friday Night Lights returns.

Jag har fortfarande svårt att förstå att serien faktiskt kommer tillbaka. Och sen kommer tillbaka igen! Otroligt!

"I like your thinking!"

Användarvisningsbild
HeY
typ 12

Inläggav Peppe » lör sep 12, 2009 7:54

fan vad härligt att den kommer tillbaka detta är nog min favorit dom senaste två åren =) så snart som möjligt...
Inga jordskalv där vi bodde ingen frös och ingen svalt
men det skälvde när du rörde vid mig
Användarvisningsbild
Peppe
Scooby

Inläggav HeY » lör sep 12, 2009 13:48

Jag älskar att slå på TV:n vid denna tiden på lördagar och finna att Friday Night Lights går på femman. :lovebunnier:

"I like your thinking!"

Användarvisningsbild
HeY
typ 12

Inläggav Peppe » lör sep 12, 2009 17:44

Haha ja och söndagar (tror jag), det händer nån gång ibland då fastnar jag alltid tills avsnittet är slut :)
Inga jordskalv där vi bodde ingen frös och ingen svalt
men det skälvde när du rörde vid mig
Användarvisningsbild
Peppe
Scooby

Inläggav HeY » fre okt 09, 2009 23:49

Hely ny, helt spoilerfri (seriously! no spoilers.) och snygg promo för säsong 4:

"I like your thinking!"

Användarvisningsbild
HeY
typ 12

Inläggav AKS » lör okt 10, 2009 6:19

Snygg!

Och jag har på senare tid börjat fundera en del kring när FNL startar igen. 28 oktober. Works for me. :)

-- Portal 2

Användarvisningsbild
AKS
Official Goddess

FöregåendeNästa

Återgå till TV-serier och film